Océ Copy Press
The unique Océ Copy Press technology presses the image to the paper, at a low-fusing temperature. The result is highly consistent print quality with an off-set look and feel. Without any waste of toner.
The short paper path virtually eliminates any paper jams. Our production machines are equipped with air separation and vacuum feed ensuring maximum productivity and uptime . Océ machines with the unique Océ Copy Press Technology do not need developer, like the conventional monochrome printers in the market.
This will give you the best result, with higher image quality and crystal sharp images. Less service intervals and no toner waste. The low ozone emission also contributes to a cleaner environment.
High copy and print quality
- The super-sensitive Océ masterbelt produces a very sharp and accurate latent image
- The toner image is “pressed” into the paper; no toner residue on your documents
- No toner cracking when folding or creasing documents
- Mono-component toner without using developer: no decreasing print/copy quality
- Paper preheating ensures 100% toner transfer and optimal adhesion
- Produces near-offset look and feel output
Constant speed on a wide range of media
- From plain paper to embossed media and machine coated media, ranging in weight from 60 to 250 g/m²
- Océ recommended media up to 300 g/m²
- No speed loss when printing on special media, even in duplex mode
- Low fusing temperature eliminates media distortion (e.g. labels)
Eliminate paper jams
- Advanced air separation and vacuum feed system eliminating double-feeds
- The image is transported to the paper. Jams rarely occur due to the very short paper path.
- Low fusing temperature prevents paper curl
- The paper never touches the masterbelt, so no risk of damaging or polluting the photo conductor
- Single charge corona system reduces static electricity to practically zero, eliminating paper jams
- One-pass duplex: front and rear side are printed in one and the same cycle , no need to turn the paper to increase the length of the paper path, introducing higher risk on paper jams
Respecting the environment
- Extreme low ozone emissions
- No toner ‘jumping’ to the paper, eliminating toner pollution
- 50% lower fusing temperature considerable reduction of energy consumption
- Photoconductor also known as masterbelt made from non-harmful substances
- The PIN-array corona unit generates extremely low ozone quantities, far below threshold values
How the technology works
- The toner image is actually ‘pressed’ into the media, with low fusing temperature and less toner usage
- The image is fused using pressure and a temperature of about 90 C/195 F. This is about half the temperature normally needed to fuse in electrophotographic technology
- The process is engineered in such a way that the engine will run at a constant speed for all types of media